The 2nd Annual Asia Pacific Buy-Side Summit 2018 was hosted by Thomson Reuters on April 17th, 2018. This year, the summit focused on the topic “Adapting to Disruption”. This event highlighted the impact of disruptive technologies in Asia’s asset management industry which is rapidly changing due to transformational technology.
Howard Trading CEO, Stephen Howard, was part of the panel discussion sharing his insight on Future Trends in Multi Asset Trading. The panel discussed the medium and long term developments in multi asset trading and what traders need to consider to capitalize on them.
Some key points from the panel discussion:
- The largest challenges for cross asset trading are also its greatest opportunities namely talent and software
- The importance of finding & recruiting appropriately skilled and motivated talent
- Deploying software & hardware with a strong Machine Learning bias to support the trading business
- Partnering with best in class providers rather than internal build accelerates time to market, however this is challenging for larger institutions.
- No one solution fits all business requirements so it’s important to take a pragmatic stance.
A great event organised by Sanjeev and all the team at Thomson Reuters that brought together professionals from the financial industry to discuss innovative perspectives and ideas.